Tuesday, 7 August 2012
CPD event - How to provide an expert statement in an animal welfare case.
JOINT CPD VENTURE
R(D)SVS and the Scottish SPCA are holding a Veterinary CPD event: Veterinary surgeons and the Scottish court system
East Bush Campus, Midlothian, 14th November 2012, 12 to 5pm (including lunch)
Practitioners have raised concerns with the Scottish SPCA about providing expert witness statements and evidence for animal welfare court proceedings. This one-day conference will give an insight into the Scottish court system and how to provide an expert statement in an animal welfare case.
· The role of the Scottish SPCA and other enforcement bodies.
· The Animal Health and Welfare (Scotland) Act 2006 (Scottish Government and Animal Health)
· The value of veterinary pathology in welfare cases
· The experience of a veterinary surgeon providing an expert statement
· The requirements of the Crown Office Procurator Fiscal service, including court procedure
· A sheriff’s perspective on animal welfare cases
· A practising sheriff
· A Crown Office procurator fiscal
· A veterinary pathologist
· Government officials from the Animal Health and Welfare Division.
COST: £40 including lunch.
Places are limited so please book early.
This course counts towards 4 hours CPD (confirmed by RCVS).
For further details and booking, contact email@example.com
This course is sponsored by Scottish SPCA and Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies