Tuesday, 5 January 2016
Animal Welfare: The Human Element - 1st International Conference 19th-21st September 2016
JMICAWE are proud to be the academic partner to the first ever international conference on human behaviour change and animal welfare, to be held in Dorking, Surrey in September. Our Centre Director, Professor Natalie Waran, will be collaborating on a session about education. For more details about the conference, follow this link:-
The conference will include presentations on human behaviour change theory from key speakers and submitted presentations and case studies selected from peer-reviewed abstracts.
The aims of the conference are:
· To highlight the importance of human behaviour change (HBC) in animal welfare work.
· To educate on core elements of HBC theory through key presentations from leading experts.
· To facilitate sharing of information and experiences of HBC for animal welfare.
· To encourage embedding of HBC in inter-sectoral collaboration, innovation and policy.
· To explore novel methods for the monitoring and evaluation of HBC approaches and provide evidence-based information illustrating its value.