Tuesday 4 December 2018

JMICAWE welcomes Dr Louise Connelly to the team



Hello, I’m Louise Connelly and I’m delighted to be seconded the Jeanne Marchig team as their Senior E-Learning Developer, for two years.  I am very much looking forward to working with such an enthusiastic and compassionate team who promote animal welfare and education.

 Let me tell you a little about who I am and what I will be doing with the Marchig Centre. I have had a varied background, with a career in marketing, IT, and digital education, and a PhD in religion and media. At the University of Edinburgh, I have been working in digital education for over six years and my research focuses on students’ use of social media. I am also Co-convenor of the Human Ethical Review Committee (HERC) at The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies.

My main role in the Marchig team is to update the website, create education resources, and develop apps. I’m also excited to be involved with research, such as the dog welfare assessment project. I’m sure there will be lots of opportunities to work with others and even meet a few animals!

I love all animals and some might call me a ‘crazy cat lady’ – which I can’t deny, as I love cats. I have a cat who is a spritely 13 years old and she is the face of the The Truth About Cats and Dogs free online course. I’m sure I will manage to include a few more videos and pictures of cats on the website and in the learning resources. In the meantime, here is a photo of my cat sound asleep.

Research profile: https://edin.ac/2rm2ZHc


No comments:

Post a Comment